Books are an essential part of ones life. They give knowledge and information.
Some key benifits of books reading are as under…
1. Books help to feel more confident.
2. Books help to travel around the world in the cheapest way.
3. Books develop your personality.
4. Books provide food for thought.
5. Books make you laugh and think.
6. Books draw you towards perfection.
7. Books stimulate creativity.
8. Books bring out writing talent.
9. Books help in communicating.
10. Books clear your vision.
11. Books satisfy your curiosity.
12. Books help you make more choices.
13. Books help you build literary talent.
14. Books do not require any special device to teach.
15. Books increase your attention span.
16. Books are fruitful pastime.
17. Books can be used anytime, anywhere.
18. Books provide entertainment, when others fail.
19. Books make you powerful.
20. Books help you know the ‘Whys’ and ‘Hows’ of everything.
21. Books help you to create and spread fun.
22. Books help you travel across time intelligently.
23. Books keep you updated with facts and figures.
24. Books spread love, affection and knowledge.
25. Books make the best of friends.
26. Books take you to intellectual environment.
27. Books help you feel the world around you.
28. Books entertain your mind.
29. Books broaden your horizon.
30. Books bring Nature to your doorstep.
31. Books bring about a ‘personality change’.
32. Books increase comprehension.
33. Books do not require company.
34. Books are stress-busters.
35. Books develop a sense of belonging to people around you.
36. Books provide mental and physical relaxation.
37. Books act as a communication tool.
38. Books are intellectually satisfying activity.
39. Books provide spiritual experience.
40. Books provide emotional strength.
41. Books build your self-esteem.
42. Books help and encourage your imagination to soar.
43. Books make you smarter and wiser.
44. Books help you grow.
45. Books take you to a ‘world of dreams’.
46. Books can change your life and vision.
47. Books help in achieving ‘life goals’.
48. Books develop wonderful experience.
49. Books transform lives.
50. Books inspire, books motivate, books build nations
A round character is a complex and dynamic. In this character improvement and change occurs during the course of work .
Soliloquy is a device use in drama in which a character speaks to himself or herself (thinking loud) by showing his feelings or thoughts to audience.
Lyric is a short poem in which poet’s own feelings and emotions are expressed normally having musical quality to sing.
A rhyming couplet written in iambic pentameter and it is traditionally used in epic and narrative poetry.
Neo-classicism is a eighteenth century western movement of art, literature and architecture. They got inspiration from ancient Greece and ancient Rome.
Mock-epic is a poem in which satire, exaggeration, irony and sarcasm is used to mock the subject or used the epic style for the trivial subject etc.
A complex plot according to Aristotle is that have ‘peripeteia’ (reversal) and ‘anagnorisis’ (denouement) without these is a simple plot.
Novella is a narrative fictional work longer than story and shorter than novel.
Interior monologue is the expression of internal thought, feelings and emotions of a character in dramatic or narrative form.
Blank verse is a form of poetry that written in iambic pentameter but un-rhymed.
“Art for Arts’ sake” is nineteenth century literary movement which gives importance to aesthetic pleasure instead of moral, didactic or utilitarian function of literature.
Epistolary novel is a narrated work. In this type of novel the story is narrated through letters sent by the observer or by those who participating in the events. Example: 18th century’s novel ‘Richardson’s Pamela and Clarissa etc.
Difference between novel and novella is length of the narrative work. Novella is shorter than novel and longer than short story but novel is long narrated work.
Sonnet is a fourteen line poetry written in iambic pentameter having some rhyming scheme. Shakespearean sonnet consists of three quatrains and final couplet with rhyme scheme of abab cdcd efef gg.
Close form poetry used the fix pattern of stanza, rhyme and meter etc. For example: sonnet, limerick, haiku and sestina etc. Open form poetry does not use these fix patterns.
Spenserian stanza consist of nine lines, eight lines are in iambic pentameter and followed by single line in iambic hexameter. The last line is called Alexandrine.
‘Blank verse’ follows the fix meter like iambic pentameter and un-rhymed but ‘Free verse’ is also un-rhymed and does not follow the fix meter.
Pastoral elegy is a poem about death. In this poem poet expresses his grief for the dead in rural setting or about the shepherds.
‘Point of view’ is an opinion, judgment or attitude on a matter. It may be against are in favor.
Plot is a logical arrangement of events in a story or play. The exposition, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution are the elements of plot.
Conflict is a problem or struggle in a story or play. It occurs in rising action, climax and falling action. It creates suspense and excitement in the story or play.
Term catharsis used by Aristotle in the definition of tragedy. It is the release of emotions of pity and fear.
Black comedy is a humorous work in which human suffering regards as absurd and funny.
Comedy of manners is a humorous work in which the manners of society or class satirized. For example: “The importance of being Ernest” by Oscar Wilde.
Theater of the absurd is one kind of drama in which absurdity emphasized and lack realistic and logical structure. For example: “Waiting for Godot” by Samuel Beckett.
A round character is a complex and dynamic. In this character improvement and change occurs during the course of work but flat character are uncomplicated and remains unchanged through the course of work.
Oxford movement starts in 1833 and for the revival of Catholic doctrine in Anglican Church. It is against the conventional understanding of the religion.
Puritanism is the religious movement starts in sixteen century and the goal of the movement is to purify the church of England from its Catholic practices.
Imagism is a movement of Anglo-American poets started in early nineteenth century in which they emphasize the use of clear images and simple and sharp language.
Stream of Consciousness is a technique of narration in which the series of thoughts in the mind of the character are presented. “To the Lighthouse” by Virginia Woolf is one example.
Renaissance is a French word means rebirth. It is a literary movement of fourteenth century to sixteenth century the revival of literature takes place in this period. The Renaissance writers are Shakespeare, Christopher Marlowe etc.
Gothic Novel is one type of novel. In this type the cruel passions and supernatural terror is presented. Example: Monastery or Haunted Castle etc.
Metaphysical poetry is a highly intellectualized poetry with the use of wit, imagery, conceits and paradox etc. It is obscure and rigid. For example: “John Donne’s poetry”
Interesting Facts about Emily Bronte’s Wuthering Heights
1. Wuthering Heights was originally published as the first two volumes of a three volume novel, with Agnes Grey, Anne Brontë’s novel written at the same time, as the third volume, although the two works had nothing to do with each other. The manuscript of Wuthering Heights has never been found, nor is it known what might have become of it.
2. Struggling novelists can take heart from the example of Wuthering Heights: publishers so consistently rejected the novel, that Emily Brontë paid the substantial sum of 50 pounds to have it published. It met with no popular or critical acclaim, and she died believing it had failed.
3. Twelve characters die in the novel (that count includes the infant Heathcliff Earnshaw, after whom the child rescued from the Liverpool streets is named), raising the question whether Brontë intentionally indulged in numeric symbolic play in doing away with her characters, as twelve is typically and obviously the number signifying the end–the end of the month, the end of the day, the end of an opportunity. Next reading, pay attention to all of the things in pairs; after counting into the double digits and noting the context in which the pairs appear, query whether it might not be serving the same purpose as the number twelve.
4. Emily Brontë’s father, with whom she lived while writing Wuthering Heights, did not know she was writing a novel and afterward never read Wuthering Heights. As for not reading it, that could be realistically attributed to his failing eyesight and not to any aloofness as a parent—he was a very caring father and brilliant man.
5. In Wuthering Heights, three characters, Francis, Edgar, and Linton die of consumption, known today as tuberculosis, and their suffering is described with accurate medical detail in an eerie foreshadowing of her own death and that of her brother Branwell and her sister Anne.
6. Heathcliff has come to be considered a great lover, but Brontë does not portray him as such in Wuthering Heights: Catherine is his adoptive sister; they never kiss, except during their final parting; and Catherine never plots or considers leaving her husband to be with Heathcliff. In advance of her time, Brontë created a character who is an emotional dependant and a compulsive mourner more than a lover.
7. The brain fever that afflicts Catherine in Wuthering Heights was recognized by the medical establishment at the time as a real illness; the symptoms were most likely those that today would be diagnosed as caused by meningitis.
8. The stark and realistic depiction of alcoholism in the character of Hindley Earnshaw mirrored the behavior of Emily’s brother Branwell, an alcoholic. Even years before, Emily had written an essay on the malignancy of alcoholism in a way that shows, yet again, an understanding of issues before her time.
9. The doctor in Wuthering Heights, Dr. Kenneth, appears a few times in the novel, and in each instance only to confirm that someone is dying or already dead. Emily Brontë refused to have a doctor in to see her when she fell ill of tuberculosis.
10. The famous and chilling scene of the waif knocking at the window calling to Lockwood to let her in suggests that Lockwood was “seeing” the ghost of Catherine Earnshaw. It was inspired by a dream that Emily’s brother, Branwell, had about their oldest sister Maria, who died as a child after time spent at a school that inspired Charlotte Brontë in creating Lowood School in Jane Eyre.
Hope u find this usefull
In the realm of today, media has moved toward becoming as fundamental as nourishment and dress. It has assumed huge part in fortifying the general public. Media is considered as “reflect” of the cutting edge society, infect,it is the media which shapes our lives.
The motivation behind the media is to educate individuals about current ,new undertakings and to tell about the most recent chatter and form. It tells about the general population who are topographically separated.
The part of media has turned out to be one method for exchanging and advertising of items and partialities. The media asserted to be represented by uprightness and value, yet avarice and self-magnification has harmed its temperances.
Media is accountable for :
5 connection of parts of society
Society is affected by media in such a large number of ways. It is the media for the majority that causes them to get data about a great deal of things and furthermore to shape assessments and make judgments with respect to different issues! It is the media which keeps the general population refreshed and educated about what is going on around them and the world. Everybody can draw something from it.
Media has badly affected an era, basically in light of the fact that ,adolescent is unequivocally impacted by media. Adolescents and kids wish to take after the general population ,who get perceived and do what they do to get took note. Now and again, they concentrate on terrible piece of the media and endeavor to be a piece of it. Be that as it may, many are not capitulated to an existence of wrongdoing!
These are the things which get into Young non military personnel minds!
The media influences individuals’ point of view. A lot of mediation of media in everything involves concern. Media can be considered as “guard dog” of political popular government. Through the ages,the accentuation of media on news has disguised. Media nowadays, tries to eye the news ,which could help them to offer the data that is assembled around the world, with the goal that they could clear a method for progress and distinction of their individual channels. Fm radios, daily papers, data found on net and TV are the mass medias that serve to diminish the correspondence hole between the gathering of people, watchers and the media world. For reputation and offering, vital figures, their ways of life are typically focused on. Immaterial and unimportant news, that for the most part have no significance are given need and because of a reason or the other ,they get onto the psyches of the watchers and in this ways numerous a times,important political,economical and sociological news get ignored and gradually,lose their significance!
No doubt,media has assumed critical part in making world a worldwide town and to decrease the correspondence crevices among the general population living in the far territories however unfortunately,media nowadays has turned into a COMMERCIALIZED SECTOR,eyeing the news which are hot and great at selling.The objective is to pick up the TV rating focuses.This attitude should be changed.
Hope is a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen. Hope is a feeling of trust, hope is an optimistic attitude of mind that is based on an expectation of positive outcomes related to events and circumstances in ones life or the world at large.
Without hope there is nothing to do. It is hope which forces us to our daily routine works. It is hope which compels us to do impossible things from climbing the invincible cliffs to the crossing of merciless ocean. Without hope there is no survival. Hope is a thing with feathers which enables us to fly and reach to our destination.
Hope will force you to stay awake for the rest of the night in the pursuit of your bright future.
it is hope which will force you to run all the day managing your time and strength. hope can lead you to the unknown worlds, to the limitless horizins and to the most beautiful places in a matter of blink.
everyone has to live in pursuit of something, that something is everyones hope, and for that hope everyone has to live, suffer and struggles.
A hopeless life is like an arrow with no direction, an ocean with no limits and a journey with no end.
hoping is not enough one must acknowledge it first, make a plan and act. Action is required in fullfilling of a hope.
Hope is the only thing which causes the human life and its chaos on earth.
The difficulties of life are uncountable. sometimes bearable sometimes not. But the most important thing is how to face them. Either one should turn his face from it and continues to live in a fools paradise or to face them with a strong heart and find a way out with utmost strength and great courage. Humans are very unique and different from other living creatures. His mind is the most complex and an important organ which perhaps no other creature has. His five senses make him the sharpest and smartest of all. He has the ability to tackle any problem using his brain.The brain responds to any immediate stimuli and gives orders to organs to react accordingly.
Being in problems is normal but how to come out from it is something important. Some people while falling in problems just start cursing their bad luck others try to manage living with it while some not only think for the solutions but also find a solution for their problems. The latter ones are the successful.
Their is a common saying ” The more you think the more you know”. Every sensible and normal being thinks.
Thinking leads to new ideas and ideas again to creativity. here creativity means new inventions or some beneficial changes.
Thinking can be divided into two types
By positive thinking we mean generating positive feelings and the tendency to expect the best, while by negative thinking we mean negative feelings and the tendency to expect the worst.
Now there are both positive and negative thinkers in our world. Being a positive thinker is good than a negative one. Always think positive no matter what and be away from negativity of any form….
According to a survey 50-60 % of the male and 20-30% females smoke. And the number of teenagers is rising among them which is alarming. 1% of kids take a puff of smoke willfully which becomes their habit after sometime and they start smoking on regular basis. There is very less spent on the stopping of this hazardous habit rather on promotion. print and electronic media is promoting by their attractive ads and films. According to a recent survey in America ” the smoking is more danger than our thinking, because now the chemicals used in them are changing becoming from bad to worst”. One cigaret excludes 8 minutes from the smoker’s life because it contains more than 4000 hazardous elements. smoking causes mouth cancer, lung cancer, heart diseases and mental stress leading to death.
Apart from that if a pregnant woman is indulged in the habit it would cause the baby weak and incompetent. And this will continue throughout the baby’s life. And there is a big possibility that the baby will also indulge in the bad habit of smoking. The cutting lips of the babies is also due to the smoking of mother, Similarly those pregnant women who do not smoke but the persons living in their surroundings smoke, will either be the cause of heart attack of mother or the offspring will be deficient in so many ways. That kid will be mentally weak for the rest of its life. This is also proved that such kids are small in heights and there is a possibility of a disease called Dyslexia in them.
as compared to the past, kids are more and more indulging in the habit of smoking for many reasons. One of them is media. In films and commercials smoking is highly promoted and teens are very quickly falling in this obvious habit. Other reason is friends who smoke. The other but very important reason is the lack of attention of parents. Parents do not get time for their kids mostly which turn them into smokers.
Kids have to be taught the hazardous of smoking. they should be make aware of the outcomes of smoking by rational arguments and logic.
the lifestyle is variable.It changes with the passage of time. Yesterdays trend is today’s history and the present lifestyle will b tomorrow’s story. Fashion changes with time.
“History repeats itself” but in the case of fashion it doesn’t. Today is the era of “Brands’ and people are running after them. They feel proud wearing branded watches, clothes, caps, shoes, jeans, glasses, phones and much more.
Having a branded phone in hand, wearing a branded jeans and shirt increases self confidence and one feels proud when attending a meeting or any social gathering. It gives a sense of superiority. In short today is the era of Brands they have completely occupied our minds and are driving our thoughts resulting restlessness in our personality.
What is life?
“life is the name of continuous struggle”
“life is neither a bed of roses nor a bed of thorns”
life is like an icecream enjoy it before it melts” ( although if u put it in a refrigerator it won’t melt)
So all these are the definitions which we have been listening from the very start of our educational career.But the question is what actually is my life?.
that’s what i have to find out. To this question the answer can only be provided by our own lives that what is our own life ? What we are doing in our lives ? What is happening in our lives etc.We dont need anybodys definition for our own lives. that’s what we have to understand. It doesn’t mean that those definitions to life are wrong, they are right but they may be the observations of some individuals. But the thing is they are not the true definition of our lives. Every person on this planet is having a different life, is living a totally different life. And approach to life is also variable of every individual. For some life is hard while for others its easy , for some its beautiful while for others it may be ugly, for some it may be good while for others it might be bad. So every person is having his or her own definition for life. Life is what we are passing through, what we are facing, what we are experiencing, what we are learning. Simply that is our life,,,,,,